1.Number of bones present in human is ………………
2.Alfred Nobel invented ……….
3.Which of the following reserve forests is not located in West Bengal ?
4. ‘Ramsar site’ is connected with
5.The gas present in the highest proportion in air is
(D) Carbon dioxide
6.Ellora caves are located in the state of
(A) Madhya Pradesh
(B) Tamil Nadu
(D) Uttar Pradesh
7 . Victoria falls is located in
8.’CNG’ stands for
(A) Converted Natural Gas
(B) Conduced Natural Gas
(C) Conducted Natural Gas
(D) Compressed Natural Gas
9. Mount Everest is located in
10. Earth Day is celebrated on
(A) 5th June
(B) 22nd April
(C) 16th September
(D) 12th May
11. The function of hemoglobin is
(A) to transport oxygen
(B) to destruct bacteria
(C) to prevent anemia
(D) to utilize energy
12. Jhum is
(A) a folk dance
(B) the name of a river
(C) a tribe
(D) a type of cultivation
13. Deficiency of Vitamin A results in
(A) night blindness
(D) hair fall
14. JPEG is a picture file format – what does JPEG stand for ?
(A) Joy Prakash Energy Group
(B) Joint Photographic Extension Group
(C) Joint Photographic Experts Group
(D) Joint Programming for Ecological Goal
15. The human cell contains
(A) 44 chromosomes
(B) 48 chromosomes
(C) 46 chromosomes
(D) 23 chromosomes
16. Which Indian state is most recently formed ?
17. Which will be country’s 13th major port?
(A) Port Blair
18. Maitri Express II will run between
(A) Kolkata – Dhaka
(B) Kolkata – Khulna
(C) Kolkata – Barisal
(D) Kolkata – Rajshahi
19. Name of the NASA’s spacecraft which is orbiting around Jupiter is
20. Which of the following countries celebrates Christmas festival in summer season?
( A) U.S.A.
(C) Great Britain
21. The National Bird of India is
22. The Author of the novel Ananda Math is
(A) Madhusudan Dutta
(B) Swami Vivekananda
(C) Nabin Chandra Sen
(D) Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
23. Who discovered the ruins of Mohenjodaro ?
( A) John Marshall
(B) Dayaram Sahani
(C) Rakhaldas Banerjee
(D) B. B. Lal.
24. Roger Federer is associated with
25. Who among the following scientists was associated with the theory of Relativity ?
(A) Niels Bohr
(D) Madam Curie
26. On August 13, 2014 Planning Commission was replaced by
(A) National Institution for Transforming India Aayog
(B) National Development Council
(C) Finance Commission
27. The state of Telengana was formed in the year
28. On 26th November, 2014, 18th SAARC summit was held in
29. India’s maiden nuclear-tipped inter-continental ballistic missile (ICBM) is
30. Which national leader received Bharat Ratna Award posthumously in the year 2014 ?
(A) Vallabhbhai Patel
(B) Moulana Abul Kalam Azad
(C) Gopinath Bardoloi
(D) Madan Mohan Malaviya
SECTION – III
31. Rahim’s doctor advised him to …….. as a cure for his sore throat.
32. A group of elephants is called a
33. One or two stars were still ……. In the sky.